— FATHER & SONS CLUB —
What are the Goals?
For the Boys
- To begin thinking about what kind of men they will be when they grow up
- To learn about some fundamental virtues and how they can live them
- To engage in fun yet manly activities where they can develop their character
- To become friends with other boys who are developing their character
For the Fathers
- To have a chance to be with their sons in a fun atmosphere
- To better understand and articulate virtues and see how they can help their sons acquire them
- To have more occasions for the conversations they want to have with their sons about deeper subjects
Who can join?
Fathers and their 1st – 6th class sons. Fathers are expected to attend the monthly meetings with their sons.
What happens at Club meetings?
- 20-minute talk for the boys on some aspect of character; the fathers also attend
- 30-minute boys’ activity of sports or a creative activity like skits, magic tricks, charades or games
- 30-minute talk for the fathers on the virtues (general aspects as well as specific virtues). This happens during the activity period
- 60-minute team activity for boys and fathers together (sports, games etc.)
- Concluding snack with general socializing of the fathers and sons
- A priest available for Confession throughout the afternoon
Cost & Payment
For a father and his son(s): €120
The club meets (normally) on the 3rd Saturday of the month from 3 – 5pm